Thursday, October 13, 2011

I, me, myself

I had a hectic day yesterday.

After 2 days of break (oh, glorious to be able to sleep in. That little bit helped much!), my day was tragically busy and I was running from point A to B to C and I was rather out of breath by the end of the day. Didn't help that I spent the last 2 hours of the day on my feet.

It was 7pm and I was really knackered and I had this urge to eat pasta. I decided to indulge myself by having a (pricey) $26-dinner of crabmeat pasta, all by myself. I sat there resting my aching back and feet, zoning out and it was an interesting, half-hour of alone time. I surfed the net on my iPhone, I eavesdropped on the conversation between 2 young ladies to my left (I couldn't help myself, they were sitting so close and terribly engaging sharing stories of their complicated, exciting 23-year-old lives!) and I savoured the pasta.

Yums.

It would have been better if I had some company, but it was too last-minute and at the end of it all, I was happy to have filled my tummy with what I craved for. I realise that it was totally indulgent but oh, such simple things in life that I'm able to enjoy because 1/ the husband was home to babysit Kate, 2/ I'm a working mother so I have the spending power to eat what I want (even if it is quite expensive!) and 3/ I'm pregnant and I need to have such mini pockets of happy times to lift my spirits!

Ok, so the 3rd reason is abit bull but not entirely. Heh.

I headed home with a full tummy and spent the next 2 hours playing with, talking to, reading and sleeping with Kate. I guess that's what life is all about!

And since this is a post about me, here's some pics of my bump and I.

Baby little and I, mid August 2011

Baby little and I, 12 October 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment