Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Polliwogs with Eva

Today's special was an outing to meet Eva, lovely daughter of my ex-colleague, Jo.

It was a nice session - I was treated to a tour of her beautiful home, and it was the first time the girls were meeting each other. They got on like fire immediately! It was totally adorable to see them playing together with each other - taking toys out, throwing balls around (and not at each other), one leading and another following around the house - it was totally fun and extremely cute. They are only about 6weeks apart in age and truly, very similar in build and development. Though I gotta say Eva is alot steadier on her feet and more advanced than Kate in the physio-moto department. Kate's more talkative and much greedier.

Kate and Eva by the playpen

They headed to Eva's bedroom

Eva shows off her toys

We headed to Polliwogs after the home-tour and that was when the kids ran amok and we adults were going to end up with backaches tomorrow. The place was nice and though slightly crowded, it was still fine and besides some unhappiness over a bouncy ball and (funnily) a Friso milk powder container, the afternoon was fantastic and great fun.

Rainbow-coloured balls

Here you go, Mom

Jo with the girls

Crawling

The girls and I

In between running after the kids, we adults managed to talk and catch-up and well, relieve each other of our complaints, worries and minds. It was pouring when we were in Polliwogs, but it stopped when we were ready to leave and Jo's suggested a walk and that was really lovely! The air was cool, there was no crowd and I felt happy! It was such a beautiful moment hanging out with my daughter, my friend and her daughter. I wish I'd snapped a pic of Kate at East Coast Park, but as I'm sure I want to go there with the husband soon, I'll have to fulfill that desire then!

It's mid-week already and I know I will miss Kate so much when I go to work next week (sigh); but today was a good day. Here's to good friends, good company and good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment